Wednesday 13 February 2008

Goodbye and thanks for all the posts!

To all my readers:

Well, after last week's appeal I have been seriously underwhelmed by the response so have decided to discontinue this blog. It has been fun and a worthwhile experiment, I think, but not so much fun that I want to carry on at present!

I'd like to thank all my readers, especially Alis and Mary who have been regular contributors, but to absolutely anyone who has written a post, or sent me an e-mail or just read my rantings and musings, thank you for paying me that compliment. It has been good therapy for me on occasion and I think some people have felt very affirmed in their own views by seeing mine reflect them.

For now, however, it's goodbye. I think I may be more effective ranting at my poor, unsuspecting MP! And in terms of my work as a children's writer, I'm hoping to continue my fictional blog for my character Kate, whom I miss writing about after four novels in which she featured. We shall see!

If you've enjoyed my blog and haven't read any of my books - go read some! If you're an adult, I recommend 'Piper' or possibly 'Fur'. They're very different in style from what I've written here but....well, see what you think!

All the best,

Meg

2 comments:

Mary said...

Well I thought this was coming! I can fully understand your decision - it must have taken a long time every week to put together your entry and life is just too short. I will however miss this injection of ideas on a Thursday morning!All tth very best.

Alis said...

I think you should pitch for a spot on your local paper - it'd make great reading and get you a lot more feedback, i'm sure!